Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The No Nap Transition

Buddy has been on and off napping for the last several months. And I know that at four years old, it's time! But why is it so hard? I've decided that it's mostly the inconsistency that bothers me-- The not knowing if he's going to nap, therefore not knowing what time he'll go to bed that night, or if he'll put up a fuss at night because he's either too tired from not napping or not tired from yes napping. So anyway, this week I've decided not to put him down for naps, just to set him up in his room with books, toys, whatever, and tell him what time to come down. (It's usually an hour, but sometimes he'll come down at 2:03 instead of 2:30). It's been working pretty well, but still think he could use a nap. The little ones are napping at this time, too, which makes it impossible for us to get out. . .But night time has been SO much nicer, and he's right to bed by 7:30. (I'd rather 7, but it's impossible to get it all done by then!)

Some things I want to record before I forget:

Bud to Sis on the way up to the 3rd floor the other day, "I'm right behind ya, sis. If you fall, I'll catch you." (Oh my gosh he is SO sweet with her! Most of the time that is)

Buddyism: cooler = "beer tank"

Sis to Sweet Baby, regularly= Hello, toot baby! Have a nice nap?? (Head always tilted, voice impossibly high)

Tomorrow is my 31st bday! Crazy stuff, but really no big deal. Hubs and I are going out for sushu, hooray!

No comments: