Thursday, August 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Wow, 31 candles. Says Sis, "Woah, that's a LOHT!"

I went out and chopped my hair last night. I'm too old and not nearly cute enough for a plain old shaggy old pony tail. I went for the swiny bob, it's fine. Hairlady tried to tell me to get highlights to cover up my gray. GRAY?!?! I mean, I knew I had some stragglers (they're silver and culry, much different texture than the rest of my hair. So weird.), but are there so many that I need to actually cover them up? Anyway, I told her I'd think about it. I don't want to be gray, but I don't want to be a slave to highlights either.

The Kids woke me this morning with bags of gifts: An electric tea kettle that I'd asked for, a new toothbrush that Buddy picked out, a great Yankee candle (I LOVE the scent), new RED sheets (Why red, you ask? Hmmmm....), and some terrific homemade birthday cards. They were so excited to give everything too me, especially Buddy. I asked for some snuggle time after presents, and they lasted for about 90 seconds, but they tried really hard. Bud served cholcolate cake for breakfast (Which I had made with him the day before, but Hubs iced with them in the morning), which was just lovely until Sis started SCREAMING for milk. "MIIIILK!!!! MIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!"

We proceeded to have an interesting morning, the kind where they're both feeling punchy so they aggravate each other until it's a circus. They just can't leave each other alone! Things got better after we went outside for some sidewalkchalking.

Hubs and I will venture to OPearl tonight for a super fancy dinner (not really, but I'm excited) after the kiddos are tucked in. And that's my birthday!

No comments: