Monday, July 30, 2007

Sweet Baby's Checkup


Sweet Baby had his four month checkup today. It was the first at our new pediatrician, and I was really thrilled with how it was conducted. We were there for an hour, no waiting, and lots of face time with the doc. The nurse was so sweet, and the doc was in no rush, explained everything. He was sweet with the baby, and really interacted with him. From what I told him/filled out in his survey, Sweet Baby is a bit slower with his gross motor skills, but looks fine in terms of muscle strength. Doc says it might be his size (17 1/2 pounds!) that is keeping him from attempting to roll over. Or it could just be the fact that he's so content. . .Anyway, he had FOUR shots, poor little guy. He took them like a champ (a screaming one anyway) and slept it off when we got home. Buddy got his ears rechecked at all's clear.

Mom brought Marty over this afternoon to play. The kids had a great time for an hour or so but after that it got to be too much for Buddy. He doesn't like being contolled or bossed around, especially on his own turf. . .He hold his own but sort of retreats inside himself when this sort of thing happens. I guess I'm glad that he doesn't cower, but wish he could let it roll a bit. But I think it's hard when Marty is so much older-- 11, I think.

Good day, sleepy momma. . .More later. . .

No comments: