Sunday, July 29, 2007

A first

Hubs just took Buddy and Sister to their first swim lesson. It's one of those things that we've been thinking about all summer, probably since May, and just haven't gotten to. Oops! Things like this are one of the things that I feel to be a bit overwhelming in the world of 3 kids. How do you balance it all, especially as they get older? I'm thinking Sister would love to start dance class soon, but she really likes her music class, and Buddy would like karate or gymnastics, but with three mornings of school this week, would it be too much to add to his little schedule? I know that I crave routine and schedule, and I think that they do to, but how to you make sure you still have the time to just relax and chill and play? I know it's only going to get worse as they get older and want to do more. I'm guessing with three I'll just have to limit the number of things they're involved in to keep my sanity!

Back to the swim lessons. I feel like it's silly to send Sister, too, but I thought it might be easier on Buddy if she's there. Even though they're 22 1/2 months (I still can't say 2 years!) apart, they are definitely playmates and peers. She is much more outgoing, so I think her presence puts him at ease sometimes. And visa versa, but for Big Brother reasons. Anyway, hubs took both of them a few minutes ago. They went happily but I think they're both nervous inside. Hopefully they'll have a good experience-- They're going to a private pool at the home of a family we know through my mom, and the teacher is a college-age guy. I think Buddy will think it's cool since all his teachers are always girls, but Miss Sis might get nervous-- She's suddenly afraid of most men aside from her beloved Daddy.

We had Julia's birthday party last night. The kids had a blast and were exhausted when we got home. I felt terrible keeping Sweet Baby up that late (7:30!) but he slept til 8:30 this morning, which made up for it I'm sure. He's such a sweet and easy baby, a "toot widdle baby" as Sis would say. How in the world did I get so lucky with these three?

No comments: