I feel like I'm entering into a new stage of life....Is it mid-life? Or maybe Mom of kids rather than mom of babies/toddlers/preschoolers? Not really sure, but whatever it is, it's something different than what it's been the last 7.5 years. The move to motherhood was smooth and easy, one kid at a time. But now that we're moving in another direction, it somehow seems more drastic.
So I've been thinking a lot about what makes us (Hubs and I) happy. Not just happy, but joyful, and high. As we move towards our next phase of family like (no nappers! kids who can do stuff! etc!) I'm thinking we need to revisit our Happy Things, since maybe the things that brought us together pre-kids will be the things bring us together as a family, too.
Here Goes, in no order other than my brain's:
1. Hiking, especially near water
2. Live music
3. Cold beer added to #2
4. Doing projects together
5. Quirky places, towns, cities
6. Restaurants/pubs from #5
7. Silence, but together
8. Seeing our dogs happy-- on a hike, in the snow, in the river, just happy.
9. the ocean
10. any water, really
11. running (not really together though)
12. sitting outside on our deck listening to music
13. scrabble, cards, etc. (Not really sure about this one. I WANT it to be something that makes us happy, but is it?)
14. really just anything outide
15. swimming pretty much anywhere
16. open space
17. add a soccer ball or even a football to #17
18. yardwork
19. gardening
20. being filthy dirty at dusk as a result of #18 and 19
21. Crosby Stills, Steely Dan, and the like
22. pizza and sushi
23. going new places, but not far, and not for long
24. roller coasters
25. Disney World
OK I think I could keep going but I think I'll ask Hubs for his ideas. I'm curious!
Love to all my readers! (ha ha it is the greatest LOve of all!)
OK I'm adding this from Hubs, who I emailed for his ideas, whithout seeing mine. He wrote (I told him to take 60seconds, elimating the probably "I don't have time" answer)
Happy Pre-Kids Things According to Hubs:
Dogs
Dinners out
TV
Being in the yard
Outdoor adventures
Exercise (runs/walks)
Projects
Me not working at night
Funny how similar they are. TV? Really?
No comments:
Post a Comment