Monday, November 17, 2008

Feelin' the Heat

Buddy had a field trip last Friday, and at the last minute we found out that the nurse wasn't going since it was an intown trip to the firehouse. Teacher pointed out they'd be at a safe place-- good point-- so we decided to drop the meds off so they'd have them there. We banged on the firehouse door for 30 minutes, and no answer. So I asked the teacher assistant, who was outside, to hand the meds to Mrs. Green to give to the EMTs....Got a call from the nurse when I got home saying she wasn't sure they were qualified. What! I was surprised by that for sure and so flustered! The nurse called today and said she and the principal had decided from now on a parent will be asked to go on all trips, then a nurse, and if that didn't work, it would be postponed.

I'm not going to get into too many details, but I'm feeling so flustered and yucky over a couple of nasty-ish emails. I know that everyone was trying to do what they thought was right, and everybody needs to cover themselves so they don't get into trouble, but still. I don't like feeling this way. I have been working so hard to balance fighting for Buddy's safety and not being too pushy. But maybe I need to stop worrying about it, cause no matter how hard I try, somebody always gets upset.

But seriously-- How could they ever think it was ok to take him anywhere without his meds?????

No comments: