Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wake up!

Sweet Baby has the sweetest way of sleeping. He holds his little blanket with one hand, holds it to his cheek, and sucks his thumb of the other hand. What could be cuter? Anyway, I want to capture it a photo, but I never think of bringing the camera into his room until the other day...

Buddy was at school, and Sis and I went upstairs to wake Sweet Baby up from his morning schnooze. As I was about to open his door, I thought of how I wanted a picture of Sleeping Baby, and this would be the perfect chance.

"Sis," I say, "I want to take a picture of SB while he's asleep. Stay here while I get the camera!"
"O-tay, Mommy!" she obeys.

I run down to get the camera, which happens to be sitting next to the baby monitor on the kitchen counter. Rather than a sleeping baby, I hear Sister in Baby's room:

"Sweet Baby! Wake up! Mommy wants to take your picture while you're sleeping!"
Her voice starts sweet and sing-songy, but then gets a bit frustrated...
"Sweet Baby, close your eyes! Mommy wants to take your picture! Close. your. eyes! Mommy wants to take a picture of you sleeping!"

No comments: