Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sister's Speech, Part II.

Sister has some classic 2 year-old speech issues. I can totally understand her, and most people can, but every once in a while we come across a little problem.

As I was putting Sis down for her nap, she was trying to tell me to say goodnight to her doll, which she had just named.

"Mommy, say goodnight to Woo-woo," she commands.
"Goodnight, Woo-woo," I say.
"Mommy. Say goodnight to Woo-woo!" she repeats.
"Goodnight, Woo-woo!" I say again.
"No, Mommy," she begins, patiently, as if I'm a slow learner or something. "Say good night to K-K-K-WOO-woo."
Now understanding that she's trying to emphasize the beginning sound of the word, be it with the completely wrong sound, I scan my brain....OK, what letter is she trying to say when she says the "W" sound...Right, OK, it's gotta be an "R", then...
"Goodnight, Roo-Roo!" I try.
"Goodnight, Mommy," says Sister, victorious.

No comments: