A few updates...
*Sweet Baby's baptism was on Sunday. He was adorable. Babbled really loud through the whole thing, splashed his chubby hand in the water, and tried to push pastor's hand of of his little head during a blessing. Sis was pretty funny. She danced to the baptismal hymn, played with the bookmark strings on my hymnal, tried to swing like a monkey from my arm. All during the baptism, in front of the church. It's sometimes hard to remember that she is only 2!
*Before church, Buddy asked why Baby had to get baptised. I babbled about something or other and about how Jesus loves him. Buddy replied, "But we already know that," as if this whole baptism thing was a waste of his time.
*I had to iron Sis's dress that morning. Each child upon seeing the iron and ironing board said, "What's that?" as they'd honestly never seen it before. (We used a lot of Downy wrinkle release around here.)
*Tonight at the dinner table:
Bud: Mommy, do you know what I want to be when I grow up?
Me: No, Bud, what?
Bud: A firefighter, a vet, and a zoo.
Me: Cool, Bud!
Sis: And when I'm a mommy, I'm gonna go to Curves. And when I'm a Daddy, I'm gonna go to work at Philadelphia. And when I'm growed up, I'm gonna be a princess in a castle with all the mouses.
(Huh? The mouses?)
*Sweet Babes was 7 months old yesterday. He cut his second tooth without so much as a whimper. He's starting to try to wiggle out of my arms, like he wants to break free and get moving. And he can (finally!) sit up!
No comments:
Post a Comment