Several days ago, I was frustrated with Bud's behavior. I said something like, "Buddy James, stop touching your sister or you'll have a time out." To this, he quickly replied, "Mommy Elizabeth (that's my middle name), stop saying that or I'll take your Diet Coke!"
Another produce market funny from today:
Buddy has really been wanting to buy cornstalks for some reason. Today at the produce market, I finally agreed to buy two. We shoved them (and any mice that might be living in them) into our already over-crowded van (I really need to drop off those bags to Goodwill...) and headed for home.
Sis: Mommy, I don't think our cornstalks are gonna fit in our freezer.
Me: Oh, sis, we don't have to put them in the freezer. We're not going to eat them. They're just decorations.
Sis: No, I wanna eat them!!!!
Guess she figured since all the other fruits and veggies went in the fridge or freezer, why wouldn't the cornstalks? Buddy wants to plant them in the grass so they'll grow. Hmmm.
Later, while I'm making lunch....
Buddy: Mommy, I think I'm gonna call you "Kathy" from now on.
Me: OK, Bud.
I think that stemmed from a discussion on why Teddy Bears are called Teddy Bears...I told him they were named for Theodore Roosevelt, since he really liked bears. (I think there's some hunting involved in the real story, right?). I explained that Teddy was a nickname for Theodore, just like Kathy is a nickname for Katherine. My kids names aren't nickable, so it's a weird concept for them, I think.
Minutes later, in the bathroom, where some of our "deepest" conversations happen.
Bud: Sister said she wants to sleep with me in my room.
Me: No, Bud, she has to sleep in her crib.
Bud: Well then when can we share a room?
Me: Maybe when you're 8, but if you ever share a room, you'll probably share with Sweet Baby.
Bud: Why Sweet Baby?
Me: Cause usually boys and girls have different rooms.
Bud: Well then why do you and Daddy sleep together?
He he he. He thinks he and Sis are like Hubs and I. He even talks about them getting married and having babies.
Me: That's cause we're the mommy and daddy.
Bud: Well would you want to get a bed for three people?
Me: Why?
Bud: So Mamoo (that's my mom) can sleep over.
I don't think Hubs would like that so much.
Other news...Sweet Babes has a tooth! Our neighborfriend noticed the other day. Oh. Guess it isn't bothering him. Sis just got her 2 year molars, so we've been teething pretty much constantly for the last four years.
1 comment:
Love the "Mommy Elizabeth" line. Too cute and clever.
Post a Comment