You need:
2 floppy plastic lids of the same size (from coffee, yogurt tubs, formula, etc.)
a bit of yarn
a thick needle (I used a big plastic one that my kids use to string beads.)
1. Put the two lids back to back, so the ridges are facing outward.
2. Sew the thread through the middle, then make a triangle. I pre-poked my holes, went through the middle, around for a triangle, then back through the middle. (Coffe lids actually have a little pattern you can follow, or at least my Maxwell House did.)
3. Hold the bottom like a fan, and insert your cards at the top. They should go in and out really easily, but stay put at the same time.
4. Enjoy!
6 comments:
very clever invention! Wish I'd had that when my kids were younger!
I love a good, frugal, homemade tip. My grandmother-in-law has holders that she bought at the store. I'm definitely going to whip up a few of these. Thanks!
Fabulous idea! I am going to break out the cards again to get us through the last few weeks of summer! Cheryl
What a great idea! You know what my grandmother taught us was to use a box like tinfoil or plastic wrap. You just open it up, line the cards up and no one can see them!
How neat! I've seen some kind of contraption at the store that holds kids' cards, but wondered if it would really work. This is MUCH better! Thanks for sharing!
This is so great! My daughter is 4 and we love to play Go Fish. But she ends up getting tired of it because she can't hold all the cards! So, I am going to give this a try.
Post a Comment