The other day, Buddy really wanted to set up a lemonade stand. He suggested we sell it for $2 per dixie cup. . .Since we didn't have any lemonade (I don't think we've ever had lemonade), we decided on cold tap water. Fancy stuff. And I convinced him that we would "sell" more if we sold it for free. He agreed. Smart kid, huh? Out we went to our front yard. He proudly set up his water stand in the wagon, and plopped himself down to wait for his customers. We had a whopping 5 people who graciously "bought" cups of our free water. Each time, Bud kept a very serious face while carefully pouring the water, but when the customer left, he'd break into this sweet smile that he didn't want anybody to see. I'm not sure why he tries to hide his joy sometimes, maybe wanting to look cool, like it was no big deal? Who knows, but it was definitely cute. Anyway, after the 5th customer left, Miss Sis decided-- without telling/asking me-- that she would pop a squat right there in our front yard! I'm not sure where she got this idea, I mean Bud has gone in the backyard into a tree before, but the front?! This was only a week or two into potty training, so maybe she just had to go. Amazingly, she didn't get anything wet aside from the grass and the sidewalk. Feeling the situation was a bit unsanitary, the health inspector (me) shut down the water stand. Luckily, Buddy agreed with me, and we all went in for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment