
I recently began carrying Sweet Baby around on my hip. This makes me feel like he's getting so big! And Sis recently began going up and down the steps own her own, and with confidence. (She fell down the whole flight at about 18 months, and we'd been overly cautious with her since then.) Put two and two together: Today I walked downstairs with Sis in front of me, on her own, and Sweet Babes on my hip. No one was holding my hand. No one needed me to support his head. No one really needed me at all. It felt good, but then sad. Like it's nice to have moments of growth and increased independence, but I don't want it to happen to fast.
To top it off, I figured out that at 26.5 inches long, Sweet Baby is too big for his infant car seat carrier thing. Time for a big boy car seat! Seems the thing about kids, especially babies, is just as soon as you think you've got it all figured out, get your routine down, they throw you for a loop, and you have to figure it all out again. Like what stroller will I use now that I can't use my beloved Snap and Go? And how will I get all three kids in and out of the car without being able to set the carrier down? And what about coming back in? I'm being dramatic, I know I'll figure it all out. But I'm not big on change, no matter how slight. Plus, with SB being our last baby, I just want him to slow down. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment