
Sometimes the sweetness of my little 4 year-old baffles me. Amazes me. I think, like, I'm not that sweet, so how did he get so sweet? He is such a tiny little man to have such a big heart. Some good examples of his tenderness (For reminders on a not-so-sweet day):
1. When he was playing cards with Gramma Dot (my maternal grandmother, so his great-grandmother), he kept winning, over and over. And she kept losing, over and over. He was so concerned that he actually "fixed" the next game so she would win. Really. He wanted to lose.
2. When a baby toy falls on the floor, he puts it in the laundry for me-- without my asking-- so his baby brother "doesn't get germs".
3. He tilts his head when he coos to his baby brother. And he rubs his belly. And he always says goodnight.
4. He insists on geting a cold Coke from the fridge for cable guys, delivery guys, any kind of guys who are doing any kind of work in or near our house. Or down the street.
5. Today we delivered sympathy cards to our neighbor across the street who lost her 94 year-old mom. Buddy drew her a beautiful flower "to make her happy". His note read, "Dear Jan, I'm sorry that your mommy died. I love you! Love, Buddy". After delivering, we walked back home, Buddy with a huge grin on his face. "I'm so happy!" he squeeled. He really feels good when he makes others feel good. This impresses me.
6. He holds doors for me. OK, sometimes he lets them go before I'm all the way through, but he tries. Today he grabbed the front of Sweet Baby's stroller (I was pushing the back) and helped guide it through the door at the mall. I didn't ask, and he wasn't looking for recognition. He just did it cause he knew I needed help.
7. When my grandfather died last year, and Buddy was just shy of 3 years old, he painted an all-red picture for Gramma Dot, since Poppop's favorite color was red. (He also told her she cold take it to heaven with her when she dies!)
8. This morning, we were out on the front porch, rocking/drinking coffee/just enjoying. It started to rain really hard, really loud on the porch roof. Knowing that our doofy dog Samson is afraid of the rain, Buddy got up from his rocker, opened the front door, took Samson inside with him and led him to the powder room, a.k.a. Samson's storm shelter. When Buddy came back out, he just sat on down and started rocking again. Just taking care of business.
8. There are SO many more to add to the list. . .He's going to make such an amazing husband someday. (Gulp!)
Note to self: Re-read this post tomorrow when he tackles his sister and pulls her hair.
1. When he was playing cards with Gramma Dot (my maternal grandmother, so his great-grandmother), he kept winning, over and over. And she kept losing, over and over. He was so concerned that he actually "fixed" the next game so she would win. Really. He wanted to lose.
2. When a baby toy falls on the floor, he puts it in the laundry for me-- without my asking-- so his baby brother "doesn't get germs".
3. He tilts his head when he coos to his baby brother. And he rubs his belly. And he always says goodnight.
4. He insists on geting a cold Coke from the fridge for cable guys, delivery guys, any kind of guys who are doing any kind of work in or near our house. Or down the street.
5. Today we delivered sympathy cards to our neighbor across the street who lost her 94 year-old mom. Buddy drew her a beautiful flower "to make her happy". His note read, "Dear Jan, I'm sorry that your mommy died. I love you! Love, Buddy". After delivering, we walked back home, Buddy with a huge grin on his face. "I'm so happy!" he squeeled. He really feels good when he makes others feel good. This impresses me.
6. He holds doors for me. OK, sometimes he lets them go before I'm all the way through, but he tries. Today he grabbed the front of Sweet Baby's stroller (I was pushing the back) and helped guide it through the door at the mall. I didn't ask, and he wasn't looking for recognition. He just did it cause he knew I needed help.
7. When my grandfather died last year, and Buddy was just shy of 3 years old, he painted an all-red picture for Gramma Dot, since Poppop's favorite color was red. (He also told her she cold take it to heaven with her when she dies!)
8. This morning, we were out on the front porch, rocking/drinking coffee/just enjoying. It started to rain really hard, really loud on the porch roof. Knowing that our doofy dog Samson is afraid of the rain, Buddy got up from his rocker, opened the front door, took Samson inside with him and led him to the powder room, a.k.a. Samson's storm shelter. When Buddy came back out, he just sat on down and started rocking again. Just taking care of business.
8. There are SO many more to add to the list. . .He's going to make such an amazing husband someday. (Gulp!)
Note to self: Re-read this post tomorrow when he tackles his sister and pulls her hair.
1 comment:
He deserves a medal.
What a great caring guy he is!
Post a Comment