Yes, Sister is screaming in this pic. We didn't know why at the time, but it turns out she was mad that Buddy was holding Sweet Baby and she wasn't. Why can't she just say, "Mommy, can I hold Sweet Baby?" Oh, right, because she's 2. And spirited. And because that would be way too simple!
Here we have Buddy fishing with Grampa, Hubs's dad. There were no fish involved. Not even any bait. But Bud had a blast, I think. In his quiet sort of way.

The kids had so much fun, and actually slept just fine this time! They loved the ocean, the sand, the time with their Daddy (especially Sis, who has him tightly wrapped) and Gramma/Grampa, and the ice cream. And I loved the extra hands, the company, and the time away from home. No, I should say the time away from house, not home. It's so nice to sit and play and read and relax without thinking, "Hmmm, I should really go put a load of laundry on." But I really think the worst part of vacation, no matter how long, is coming back. The unpacking, the laundry, the "oh my gosh I can't believe I left the house like this", the deprogramming of the kids, the still non-beachy air, the "what do you mean I have to cook dinner tonight?", and did I mention the laundry?
No comments:
Post a Comment