Sunday, August 19, 2007

Crowning Glory


Sister, at 2 years old, has gorgeous hair. It's thick. And long. And it has those sun-kissed highlights that people pay tons of money for. And don't forget the loose, corkscrew curls at the bottom. It's really, truly gorgeous.


Friends and strangers alike always comment on her hair. "Oh, look at that hair!", or "Oh, Sister's hair is so long!" or "What I wouldn't do for that hair!" And Sister soaks. it. up. She knows that it's beautiful. She'll sit and brush it lovingly. Hold it back gingerly when she leans over to talk to Sweet Baby. And she has to be in just the right mood to allow anyone to touch it. This morning, she was combing her hair, not quite effectively, as she was using the wrong side of the comb. For some reason, I really wanted to brush it, too. (The right way, of course.) It's like my inner 8 year-old took over and all I could think about was brushing those long locks and "playing hair". So, here's what happened:


Me: Sis, could I brush your hair now?

Sis: No, not right now.

Me: Sis, I really want to brush your hair.

Sis: No, Mommy, it's my turn.

Me: Please?

Sis: No, Mommy. And stop whining!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I often want to play hair with my daughter, but she seldom wants to. Thanks for your lesson from experience - I'll be sure not to whine :)