Buddy insisted on having chocolate chips for breakfast. Being a normal mom, I said, "No, Bud, we don't eat chocolate chips for breakfast. Maybe later." Angry and horrified with my answer, he throws the 3 pound bag of chips on the floor. They create a chocolate mountain, which he (along with the doofier of our two dogs) begins to shovel into his little mouth, huge handful by huge handful. Meanwhile, as I've totally lost control of the situation, I'm still saying, "No, no chocolate chips," and "Please clean up the mess," and, "Stop eating the chips!" It wasn't until I convinced him that they were all covered with dog drool that he stopped. His consequence: He wouldn't get the surprise honeybun I bought on a milk-run to Sev (7-11) last night. I'd actually bought the thing as a bribe, intending to put the kids on sugar highs in the morning so they wouldn't care too much about Hubs being out of town. But my plan sure backfired, huh? Instead of sugar-happy kids I get a really great fit and fudgie dog puke all over my one nice Persian rug.
It's been a lovely morning, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment