About once a month (if you know what I mean), I start to feel completely overwhelmed. By laundry, meals, house cleaning, kids, yard upkeep, etc. Pretty much, by all of my responsibilities(And yes, they are all mine. As Hubs is always working, he doesn't contribute to household stuff, except maybe dragging the trash cans to the curb once a week. But that's another issue).
Today is one of those days. I can feel my heart racing...my blood pressure could probably kill me right now. I just feel like I can't get it done. Like I have no time. Sure, the little two are asleep right now, but that only gives me two hours to do everything: dishes, dinner prep, trash out, feed dogs, laundry washed/dried/away, go to the bathroom, straighten up, etc. And I'm really wanting to find time to exercise, but when can I fit that in? (Wake up earlier!!!!)
I thought that when we moved up here from VA I'd have all this time on my hands...grandparents that would want to be with the kids and say MAYBE take them for an hour or two even once a week, but that never happened. My mom teaches all day then tutors all afternoon/night, and I guess Hubs' mom is busy doing her thing. No one has ever said to me, "Hey, could we have the kids over to play this morning?" or "Would you guys like to come over for dinner on Wednesday?" or "Is there anything I can do to help you this week? Would you like an hour to yourself?" Now don't get me wrong, I've called on people when I need to get one to the doctor and don't want to drag along the others, or something totally planned by me, but I am always the one to initiate.
I love my job, I really do. I love that Hubs works hard enough so that I've been home for 6 years. I mean, he was 25 years old when he started supporting the whole family. That's pretty fanastic, and I'm grateful.
It's just that sometimes I just wish that someone would reach out to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment