Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was fabulous! Some highlights:
Christmas Eve: Sis and Bud sang in the choir at church. Bud was so excited and animated, it was like he was possessed by the spirit! Adorable.
Christmas Morning: Stockings in bed. Flashlights were a huge hit! Downstairs to open gifts...Bud tore through all of his, reaching for the next before he was even finished the first. Sis would open one, marvel over it, thank us for it, and play thoughtfully. Sweet Baby just watched everybody else! He was happy to play with whatever was out!

After a bit, we ate The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon buns, which I'd prepared the night before, then warmed and iced in the morning. They are TO DIE FOR! Good thing I only make them once a year! I made extra trays, which Sis and Bud delivered to our next door neighbors, and then around the corner to some sweet friends. Just a little tradition we started last year, and a great way to spread some love and cheer!

My mom and grandmother came over, then Hubs's parents. Perfect timing as energy began to wane. After naps, we headed to Hubs's parents house for gifts and dinner. The kids had a blast with their cousins (and with Grampa's Wii!)

Tomorrow is Christmas with my family, I cant wait to hang with my sisters and their people!

Favorite gifts-
Sis: Belle doll and dress
Bud: Metal Detector
Sweet Baby: Heavy Tractor (any green tractor is a heavy tractor. not really sure why!)

No comments: