Friday, October 24, 2008

Mirror

We had parent visitation at kindergarten today- Hubs worked from home, so he went for 30 min., then walked home and we swapped so I could go. It was so great getting to see Buddy in action. He was exactly how I thought he would be-- Me as a kid, minus the extreme shyness.
-He got to do his show and tell...I saw him practicing what he was going to say, looking at the clues we'd written down (hello! he can't read!) and mouthing them to himself.
-He concentrated SO HARD on every task.
-He allowed me only the quickest wave, but hugged me on the way to get his snack out of his cubby.
-His teacher made a big deal about the face he'd drawn on his ghost project, and proud as can be, he tightened his lips and opened his eyes wide, trying not to let his smile escape.
-At playground time, he jumped around in true Buddy fashion: run run skip swing the arms run run skip swing the arms hop hop repeat. I think he was a shark today.

I love that he is so immature (in a good way) and sweet and innocent. I hope he stays that way, and that he always feels free to be himself. Whether its a shark or a monkey or just my sweet little boy.

No comments: