Buddy has always been the nurturing one. Sweet and caring. I'm not saying he's perfect, but he has the biggest, most tender heart. And now that he's feeling the oh-so-coolness of being "almost 5", the tenderness is coming out in a more big-boy way. examples, from yesterday alone:
1. My three are playing on the sidewalk with Hubs, as I pull up to the curb in Hubs's "race car" (read: 2000 Ford Escape). I'm parked, but car's still runnin'. Sis tries to approach the car, but Buddy instinctively throws his arm out in front of her, gently but firmly keeping her back. When the engine stopped, he moved his arm.
2. Sweet Baby is so close to really walking! He walks, but he falls every few steps. (12 max.!) Buddy was sitting at the dinner table, while Sweet Baby was "walking" around. Baby came closer to the table, and Buddy, while still eating, wrapped his hand around the corner of the table so Baby wouldn't bump his head.
Writing these, they don't seem like a huge deal, but I hope I can remember the nonchalance with which they happened. He wasn't being bossy or controlling or even looking for a pat on the back from moi. He was just being the best big brother, looking out for his little brother and sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment