Sweet Baby has had a bit of eczema since he was born-- The tops of his ankles and behind his knees. It's really been flaring up lately, and he has patches all over his little body. He went for an ear re-check (all clear!) for the infection/rupture he had a few weeks ago, and Doc (my favorite) gave me lots of advice on caring for his skin. I figure if I write it down here, I won't lose it!
Caring For Baby's Beverly Dry Skin and Eczema (is that redundant?)
-Use a scent-free baby wash (Aveeno, Aquaphor, and Huggies all make them)
-Eucerin cream (the tub, not the pump) during the day
-Use Aquaphor ointment at night
-Lather with lotion/ointment immediately after drying off from bath
-Do not bathe every day (no worries there!)
-Use prescription steroid ointment twice daily for up to 14 days per month
-Sunscreen: Neutrogena Sensitive Skin or Blue Lizard Baby
-Continue to use ALL Free and Clear detergent, and definitely no dryer sheets or fabric softener
I'm a bit concerned with his skin, as there's a huge correlation between eczema and food allergies. And since Buddy (and Hubs, and Hubs's mom) has a food allergy, Baby's chances are even greater.
No comments:
Post a Comment