Monday, January 28, 2008

Crib to Bed and Back to Crib

Sis had been showing interest in getting a "little girl bed", so we went ahead and set the toddler bed up yesterday. She was SO excited but simply would not (could not?) nap in it! She kept coming downstairs, asking when it would be morning, saying she didn't want to go to sleep, which is so unlike her! The girl loves her siestas. So we put the mattress back in crib, and she snoozed away, although she was bummed about losing her bed.

She went to bed in her bed last night, no trouble aside from an 11pm fall, which I slept through so it mustn't have been too bad.

I thought nap time would be fine today, but NO! She wouldn't go to sleep in her bed, ("Mommy! It's light outside!", "Good Morning, Baaaaaaltimore!", and "Mommy, I'm AWAKE!) so I put her back in her crib, but then she didn't even sleep in there! This girl has never ever missed her nap, and she usually goes for a good 2 1/2 hours.

SO what do I do? I'm thinking take the bed away altogether. Back to her crib, bed outta sight. Forget the whole thing til she's 18. Opinions?

No comments: