
I called the invisible fence people today. They asked why I was considering an invisible fence.
"Uh, our dog has figured out how to let herself out of every door in our house. We need extra reinforcement."
Honestly, guys, that dog has gotten out at least once a day for the last couple of weeks. She always comes home, but I'm so afraid she's going to get hit one day. So I think an invisible fence would be a good second defense. Greg thinks she'll just throw Samson (our doofy dog) through first and get him to take the shock for her while she bolts. And I think she'll probably just figure out how to diffuse the thing. So do we try it anyway?
This dog....
2 comments:
The invisible fence is very effective. My mom has it for her 2 dogs. Both were rescues and adept escape artists. They haven't left the yard since it was installed.
The only bugger is the batteries on the collars have to be replaced every 3-4 months and can cost a pretty penny. Anywhere from $10 to $50, although I have finally figured out how to perform surgery on the containers and found the special 3V batteries online for $3 a piece. Just something you need to budget for.
Thanks, t, for your input. I wonder if escaping is part of the rescue dog personality?
Post a Comment