Last week was one of those weeks. I was really looking forward to Saturday, until it came. Buddy woke up way too early and stayed grumpy all day. I made wrong turns to and from Stride Rite. After the drive, they didn't have shoes for Sis. (At 2, she wears a 9.5 wide!). When we were out to lunch, she spilled a 16 oz cup of water all over herself and me. She lost Sausie and we tore up the whole house looking for it. She actually went to sleep, but Hubs and I wasted a whole nap time searching for it. Just as I thought the day couldn't get worse (Did I add that I was PMS?), Sweet Baby woke from his nap with a red, watery, swollen eye. He'd scratched it at 11, before the Stride Rite fiasco, but in the frantic search for Sausie, Hubs and I had forgotten about it. After his nap we called the on call Doc, who told us to get him to the Emergency Room. WHAT? Anyway, my mom was able to come over and watch/feed/bed the kids, while Hubs and I took Sweet Babes to the hospital. It was our first trip to the hospital with a non-borning kid, and let me just say it was a very pleasant experience. Sweet Babe flirted with everyone, and stayed totally happy until around 7, and then it was just because he wanted to go to bed. Anyway, this hospital has a pediatric ER unit, and they were so nice. There were so many kids there with injuries/sicknesses worse than SB's, it kind of kicked me in the face and reminded me to slow down, lighten up, and be thankful for every little blessing. Yes, God spoke to me though a corneal abrasion. Hubs and I agreed our three hours in the ER were the most relaxing and pleasant we'd had together in a long time...It's all about perspective, right?
I found Sausie when we got home. He was wedged behind SB's changing table.
We ordered out Sushi, and went to bed by 10. A perfect ending to our Alexandery day.
No comments:
Post a Comment