Tuesday, August 7, 2007

2 going on 14


A few of the things that Sister said to me today, with all of the drama and energy a 2 year-old could possibly find:

"You're a mean mommy!"

"I'll poke your eye!!"

"I'll pull your arm off!!!"

Oh my goodness, where have I gone wrong? Where could she possibly get these words and ideas? I know Buddy might have given her a few select phrases that he could have picked up at preschool, but these are hers and hers alone. Is it normal to speak with that kind of anger and aggression? I know that she doesn't really mean what she says, so my feelings are not touched, but I am a bit upset that she feels so strongly that she needs to say these sort of things. And just so you know, these comments were in reponse to 1. not giving her a (non-existant) yellow paintbrush instead of the green one and 2. suggesting that she eat one more bite of broccoli so that she could have some ice cream. By the way, you should totally see her face when she talks this way. So serious, so intense. But then she flips that switch and it's back to her adorable, angelic, loveable self. What's the scariest part of all of this? She is SO me. (Sorry, Hubs.)

No comments: